Shakti Yoga Therapy Centre
Shakti Yoga offers internationally accredited courses in Yoga Therapy (300 hours), 300 level traditional Hatha training (250 hours) and 500 level advanced Hatha training.
We also offer a 7 week, 100 level Yin Teacher training certification with Avril Heyman and Theresa Moodie.
Along with our high standards of training, we also offer different styles of yoga with highly qualified and passionate yoga teachers and therapists.
- Vinyasa means “breath-synchronized movement,” and Vinyasa yoga is a series of poses that will move you through the power of inhaling and exhaling. Vinyasa movements are smoothly flowing and almost dance-like, which explains why it is sometimes referred to as Vinyasa Flow or just Flow.
- Yin yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga with poses, or asanas, that are held for longer periods of time—five minutes or more per pose is typical.
Yin Yoga has the same goals and objectives as any other school of yoga; however, it directs the stimulation normally created in the asana portion of the practice deeper than the superficial or muscular tissues (which we are calling the yang tissues). Yin Yoga targets the connective tissues, such as the ligaments, bones, and even the joints of the body that normally are not exercised very much in a more active style of asana practice.
Suitable for almost all levels of students, Yin Yoga is a perfect complement to the dynamic and muscular (yang) styles of yoga that emphasize internal heat, and the lengthening and contracting of our muscles. Yin Yoga generally targets the connective tissues of the hips, pelvis, and lower spine.
- Hatha yoga refers to a set of physical exercises (known as asanas or postures), and sequences of asanas, designed to align your skin, muscles, and bones. The postures are also designed to open the many channels of the body—especially the main channel, the spine—so that energy can flow freely.
It is an old system that includes the practice of asanas (yoga postures) and pranayama (yoga breathing exercises), which help bring peace to the mind and body, preparing the body for deeper spiritual practices such as meditation.
- Aerial Yoga®is a fun, challenging workout routine combining aspects of Yoga, Pilates, Aerial Arts and Strength Training designed to increase strength, mobility, balance and flexibility, and you will have a great time while doing it! A total mind and body workout for those who want to combine fitness with FUN.
Please ensure that all jewellery and watches are removed before working with the fabric.
- Transformational Yoga gives you the tools you need in order to make a difference in your everyday life. In depth focus of asanas, the chakras, mantras, and breathing and meditation techniques gives you the knowledge you need to purify your body, stabilise your emotions, focus your mind, and increase your spiritual well-being.
Swami Vidyanand says: “Transformational Yoga is a means to relax, clean and awaken all seven Chakras through Yogasana, Pranayama and Mantra.” – See more at: www.srimatransformationalyoga.com
What People Say About Shakti Yoga Therapy Centre
Thank you Taryn Elise
For enlightening me in the path of yoga
For teaching me so much in a short space of time
For guiding me through an energy I never knew I had (prana)
For gracing me with the opportunity to practice under you even though you knew I didn’t have the resources
For showing me kindness in enabling me to become a teacher
PhoebeTTC 300 level Graduate
Really enjoyed our time. Feels like we have all grown to understand the meaning of Yin from the space created.
Yin TTC StudentTTC Graduate
This was such a great way to discover my soft, feminine side. It came along my path at the right time and I am excited to discover more.