|Mondays:||6:00pm to 7:00pm||Aerial Yoga® (intermediate / advanced level)||Tawana|
|Tuesdays:||8:00am to 9:00am||Aerial Yoga ® (All levels)||Ma Akash / Erica|
|Wednesdays:||5:45pm to 7:00pm||Hatha / Yin Yoga (All levels)||Ma Akash / Sandra|
|Thursdays:||8:30am to 9:30am||Aerial Yoga® (Beginner level)||Ma Akash|
|*Saturdays:||8:00am to 9:30am||Advanced Vinyasa class (Min 2 years of practice)||Ma Akash / Kylie|
|Saturdays:||8:00am to 9:15am||Hatha Yoga class||Sandra|
|Thursdays:||9:30am to 10:45am||Yoga Teachers Class (Qualified teachers only)|
|On request-||Minimum of 4 students required to start a class. Second and Third trimester only.|
|Yoga Class times:|
|Wednesdays:||4:00pm to 5:30pm||(Pregnancy Yoga)||Rulene Moolman|
|**Privates on request at either studio|
|Mondays and Weds:||6:30pm to 7:45pm||(Hatha Yoga- all levels)||Seema Lala|
|Tuesdays:||6:30pm to 7:45pm||(Beginers class *new)|
|AERIAL YOGA ®|
|A minimum of 3 students are required for a class to run. If you cannot attend your regular class please notify the teacher at least 3 hours beforehand. Class pass booking must be cancelled a minimum of 8 hours in advance or the full class fee will be charged. Please see the full list of terms and conditions|
|STYLES OF YOGA TAUGHT AT SYC:
1. Vinyasa means "breath-synchronized movement," and Vinyasa yoga is a series of poses that will move you through the power of inhaling and exhaling. Vinyasa movements are smoothly flowing and almost dance-like, which explains why it is sometimes referred to as Vinyasa Flow or just Flow.
2. Yin yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga with poses, or asanas, that are held for longer periods of time—five minutes or more per pose is typical.
Yin Yoga has the same goals and objectives as any other school of yoga; however, it directs the stimulation normally created in the asana portion of the practice deeper than the superficial or muscular tissues (which we are calling the yang tissues). Yin Yoga targets the connective tissues, such as the ligaments, bones, and even the joints of the body that normally are not exercised very much in a more active style of asana practice.
Suitable for almost all levels of students, Yin Yoga is a perfect complement to the dynamic and muscular (yang) styles of yoga that emphasize internal heat, and the lengthening and contracting of our muscles. Yin Yoga generally targets the connective tissues of the hips, pelvis, and lower spine.
3. Hatha yoga refers to a set of physical exercises (known as asanas or postures), and sequences of asanas, designed to align your skin, muscles, and bones. The postures are also designed to open the many channels of the body—especially the main channel, the spine—so that energy can flow freely.
It is an old system that includes the practice of asanas (yoga postures) and pranayama (yoga breathing exercises), which help bring peace to the mind and body, preparing the body for deeper spiritual practices such as meditation.
4. Aerial Yoga® is a fun, challenging workout routine combining aspects of Yoga, Pilates, Aerial Arts and Strength Training designed to increase strength, mobility, balance and flexibility, and you will have a great time while doing it! A total mind and body workout for those who want to combine fitness with FUN.
Please ensure that all jewellery and watches are removed before working with the fabric.
5. Transformational Yoga gives you the tools you need in order to make a difference in your everyday life. In depth focus of asanas, the chakras, mantras, and breathing and meditation techniques gives you the knowledge you need to purify your body, stabilise your emotions, focus your mind, and increase your spiritual well-being.
SYC is a member of the YAI global yoga network