100 level Yin Teacher Training- Term 2
Duration: 9 Weeks: 25th January until 31 March 2021
Times: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30am to 1:30pm
Investment: SA Residents: R7950.00 (includes manual, notes, lectures, etc). The balance can be paid in monthly instalments (R1320 x 3). A non-refundable deposit of R4000.00 secures your placement on the course.
International Students: USD $860.00 / EUR € 710.00 / GBP £ 630.00
All lessons must be attended, please ensure you have the time required in order to complete the training. It will be expected of you to do self-study and to develop your own personal Yin yoga practice. Estimated time required: Minimum 5 hours per week.
This is necessary for you in order to be able to teach Yin yoga from a point of personal experience and not merely from poses learnt in a book. In order to gain practical experience it will be expected of you to attend a minimum of 10 yin classes, signed off by teachers outside of the course. Yin Yoga Teacher recommendations and contact details will be given.
COURSE CONTENT (Items that will be covered in depth):
- Theory and principles of Yin yoga
- Classic Yin asanas and creative sequencing
- Yin according to Paul Grilley and Bernie Clark
- Pranayama / breathwork to balance Yin and Yang
- The difference between Yin and restorative yoga
- Yin and traditional medicine
- Introduction to the meridian lines
- Anatomy: understanding the functioning of joints and fascia
- Pressure points and how to use them for healing
- Chakras what they are and how to balance them
- Visualisations and guided meditation
- Teaching etiquette
- Self -study (5 hours a week)
- 2 written assignments
- Up to 2 practical 75 minute Yin classes with a full lesson plan (assessed by one of the lecturers)
Post course criteria
- You will need to submit 5 class lesson plans, which you will be given feedback on and complete 5 teaching pracs. These will be assessed by one of your students. The assessment form must be signed and returned to one of your lecturers for review.
Pre-requisites for YIN Teacher Training Applicants
• Students applying for this Yin TTC must provide a 200 or 300 hour / level certificate OR
• Applicants should have practiced yoga consistently for at least 2 years prior to the course
• The course is not suitable for pregnant Yogis
100 level certified course accredited with Yoga Alliance International
Theoretical and practical examination will take place throughout the course. Class assignments will also be given.
A minimum of 90% class attendance is required. At the end of the course you will receive a certificate from Shakti Yoga Centre if all the criteria have been met. After this you can apply with YAI for membership at a discounted rate of 200 Euros.
This course meets all the criteria for the international yoga standards and is fully accredited with Yoga Alliance International.
This YAI Accreditation is not a certification program, rather it is a listing of yoga schools and yoga teachers whose training and experience meets certain minimum international standards as described below. The accreditation listing differentiates three levels of training: a 200-hour level, 300 – hour and 500-hour level.
Minimum Yoga Teacher Standards
The Shakti Yoga Centre TTC standards are in accordance with Yoga Alliance International and the International Yoga Federation (IYF), and similar international yoga bodies.
The 100hrs consists of 60 contact hours and 40 hours of self-study.
There will be both written assignments and a 75 minute teaching practical to complete. Additional assessments and course hours includes submitting 5 class lesson plans and attending a minimum of 10 yin classes (signed off by external teachers).
On completion of the course you will receive a 100 level certified course with Yoga Alliance International. Both the course and Shakti Yoga Teaching Academy and Therapy Centre are accredited with Yoga Alliance International (YAI – http://yogaalliance.in/), the ONLY organisation where the yoga teacher certifications are recognised by the government of India. Upon completion of the course, if you wish do to so you will be able to register with YAI for the 100-level certification as an individual teacher, becoming part of their global network of teachers.