Terms & Conditions
- All purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Class Passes and memberships may not be shared.
- Every effort is made to hold class on time. The schedule is subject to change without prior notice. Please check the online schedule for the most up-to-date schedule.
- Shakti Yoga is not responsible for the safekeeping of your personal belongings.
- Front doors are locked at the start of every class.
- Shakti Yoga reserves the right to refuse entry.
- All purchases of services and products are final.
- In attending classes at Shakti Yoga, you agree that neither you, your heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against Shakti Yoga or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
- Terms, Conditions, and Fees are subject to change without prior notification.
- It is the responsibility of the student to notify teachers of any previous injury, illness, or conditions that may impact their practice. Unpaid classes or membership payments will be back-charged.
CLASS CANCELLATIONS & BOOKING ETIQUETTE
- Class cancellations must be made via the relevant WhatsApp group 8 hours prior to the start of a reserved class.
- This will give us sufficient time to notify our waiting list.
- If you do not attend or cancel within 8 hours of the start time, you will be fully charged for the class. Workshops will only be fully refunded if canceled 48 hours before commencement.
- After this time, you will be fully charged for the workshop.
- Please late cancel if you are unable to attend to make your space available to others.
Please Note: We need a minimum of three people to hold a class and reserve the right to cancel the class if there is only one person.
AERIAL YOGA ® CLASSES
- Students are REQUIRED to wear shirts that cover the underarms.
- No jewellery, zippers, or other items that may snag on the silk hammock.
- No dizzying patterned clothing. Please wear solid colors.
- Please review the Studio Etiquette in advance.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes in advance for hammock sizing.
YOGA CLASSES: MONTHLY CONTRACTS
As a goodwill gesture, contract students can make up any missed classes within the time frame of the current month paid for. This concession cannot be extended beyond the time frame of the course they are attending. This is non-negotiable.
A monthly payment is a binding contract. In all circumstances monthly payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. Financial concessions cannot be made for any missed classes for any reason including acts of nature as this is beyond the control of either Shakti Yoga Centre or the venue. Class participation offers a cost effective means of attending Shakti Yoga Centre classes if not more than one class is missed in the month. Shakti Yoga Centre suggests a class card or drop-in rate if more than two classes are going to be missed in a month and cannot be made up. It is the student’s responsibility to work out the best possible rate before committing to a contract.
A yoga mat and blanket are required for the class. Good quality, eco-friendly colourful yoga mats can be purchased in class for R580. Inversions are not recommend if you have high blood pressure or are menstruating. If you would like further advice on this then please contact Taryn Elise Herselman. I also advise the use of a lavender eye mask to enhance meditation classes and relaxation at the end of the class.
All class payments are to be made in advance, no later than the 5th of the month.
ClASS PASSES (5, 10, 15 and 25)
All class passes must be paid for in advance of attendance of classes. Please take careful note of the expiry date and choose the pass that will be best suited to your requirements. Students on class pass must cancel any bookings a minimum of 8 hours before the start of a class. Failure to do so will result in the class pass being deducted for the class booked. This policy applies even if your payment is pending.
TEACHER TRAINING COURSES in 2019
A non-refundable deposit secures your placement on the course. The balance can be paid in monthly installments for the duration of the program. Installment terms longer than 6 months will incur a small admin fee of R250.00 per additional month required.
For the 300 level courses, the payment for the residential weekend (R3950.00) is due a minimum of 14 working days before commencement. This fee is 100% non-refundable, the date for the weekend is agreed at the start of the course and is compulsory for all those wishing to attain their teaching certificate.
The FULL course fee is applicable if the student cancels any time after the commencement date. At the studio directors discretion, the payments may be deferred if the applicant wishes to complete the course in the following year. This applies to all the teacher training programs (Yin, 300 level, 500 level and Therapy courses).
All payments are non-refundable in all cases including acts of nature where cancellation is beyond the control of either Shakti Yoga or the venue. Cancellations must be made strictly 48 hours before commencement of the workshop, or the full workshop fee will be applicable, if cancellation is made on the day of the workshop. Under certain circumstances it may be possible to transfer your payment to another Shakti Yoga Centre workshop, this will be at the director’s discretion. This policy applies even if your payment is pending.
Please be advised that all payments towards the retreat are non-refundable and non-transferable unless the retreat is cancelled by the retreat center or myself for personal reasons. In the case of acts of nature where circumstances are beyond the control of either Shakti Yoga Centre or the venue there can be no returned payments. This is non-negotiable in all cases including commiserating circumstances. Balances must be paid 3 weeks prior to departure.
PRIVATE YOGA TUITION AND YOGA THERAPY
All privately booked classes are charged at R500.00 per hour per person and rise incrementally by R100.00 for each person who attends. Cancellation of a class must be made 24 hours prior to the booking and another time scheduled for that week that fits in with Shakti Yoga Centre otherwise 50% of the fee is incurred. In the case of any acts of nature where circumstances are beyond the control of Shakti Yoga Centre or the private client, Shakti Yoga Centre will endeavor to reschedule a time for the week in question. If this cannot be achieved then a 50% fee will be incurred.
If you wish to cancel then please ensure that you contact me via all methods of communication and presume that if you have not had a response then I do not know of the cancellation. I shall respond as soon as I am aware. This will ensure that I get the message and can make alternative arrangements in place of the cancelled booking. Please note that in order for me to deliver high-quality teaching I schedule myself to teach only 8 classes per week so it is important that I am given as much as notice as possible.
For class passes of 4 or 6: These must be paid for upfront before attending the first session. All subsequent sessions must be used within a 60 day period or they will be forfeited.