Taryn Elise Herselman (Ma Aakash Ganga)
Director of Shakti Yoga Therapy Centre in Gauteng.
Taryn Elise is a qualified yoga therapist and internationally trained yoga teacher with over 12 years of teaching experience. She is also the Director of Yoga Alliance International South Africa and AFRICA.
- Yoga Circle one year Yoga Teacher training course – August 2005 – South Africa
- Yoga Vidya Gurukul certified (250 hours) Yoga teacher training course – March 2008 – India
- Yoga Vidya Gurukul certified (250 hours) Advanced yoga training course – October 2010 – India
- Yoga Vidya Gurukul certified (250 hours) Yoga Therapy training course – October 2011 -India
- Aerial Yoga ® YAI-certified training course – November 2015 – South Africa
- Transformational Yoga 500 level Teacher training course – Dec to Jan 2016 – New Delhi, India
- Masters Degree in Psychological Research – WITS- 2016
- Grand Master in Meditation course with Swami Vidyanand – Jan 2016 – Pondicherry, India
- 200 hour TTC and Therapy course at Paramand Yoga Institute – Dec 2016 – Indore, India
- Yoga Vidya Gurukul certified 90 hours Chakra Immersion Course – January 2020 – India
- Yoga Vidya Gurukul certified 100 level Pre and Post Natal teacher training – February 2020 – India
- Practicing Yoga since 1998
- Teaching yoga since August 2005
- Director of Shakti Yoga Centre since Jan 2008
- Conducting 300 level Teacher training courses since March 2011
- Director of Yoga Alliance International South Africa since August 2014
- Director of Yoga Alliance International Africa since Jan 2016
- Conducting 500 level Teacher training course since April 2016
- Conducting 300 hour Yoga Therapy Training since February 2019
- Conducting 50 hour Chakra Immersion courses since July 2020
Shakti Yoga TTC Guest Lecturers
I have been working in the health and wellness industry for more than a decade. I’m passionate about practicing the philosophy that a healthy mind is a healthy body. I offer a unique blend of holistic, mind body awareness which enables my clients to make lifelong changes towards a healthier way of living. When I’m not working you’ll find me enjoying yoga classes in the park, practicing martial arts, learning to longboard and keeping fit.
The word Yoga comes from the sanskrit root word “Yuj” which means to bind, join, attach or yoke. Yoga is a practice that strives to link the mind and the body to function optimally. We will all have a different experience of that union or wholeness. The more I practice and teach Yoga, the more I realise it has come to be an umbrella that joins all the different modalities I have studied over the years. From Traditional Chinese medicine to principles of exercise science, Yoga really is the perfect framework to bring it all together.
I am available for Yoga workshops and Retreats – to see what I’ve been up to and for more information on upcoming retreats, read more on my blog.
My recent retreats have taken me all over the world:
- Corsica April/May 2016
- Mauritius July 2016
- Croatia September 2017
- Greece September 2018
My journey with yoga began at an early age; I was blessed to be allowed to practice yoga with mom at the age of three.
Yoga became my sanctuary and stress relief during my stint in the corporate world as a fashion buyer, where I found sanity and serenity on my mat.
I left the corporate world to focus on yoga and healing full time more than a decade ago qualifying as follows:
- 250 hrs teachers training in Hatha at Shakti Yoga Therapy Centre and am registered with Yoga Alliance India.
- 300hrs Vinyasa flow teacher training at Sampoorna yoga village in Goa.
- 20 Hours CET in Forrest Yoga .
- Master teacher in Reiki and Sekhem 1 which I combine with chakra healing techniques.
- 300hrs yoga therapy teacher under Shakti Yoga Therapy Centre.
My yoga styles include Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin and Restorative as well as guided meditations, in which I offer individual , group sessions, workshops, training courses and retreats in the virtual and physical environment.
My aim is to inspire those I teach to fall in love with this ancient and magical healing practice and make it part of their lives.
My name is Elise Rousse, I’m from Belgium, but I’ve lived in many places across the world. I’m passionate about well-being, healthy cooking, Ayurveda and Yoga. Having struggled with my weight and suffered mild eating disorders for many years, my life and health have considerably changed when I decided to go plant-based and started doing Yoga. A few years ago I embraced this new professional career and since then I’ve put all my energy and resources in studying and sharing my knowledge.
I hold a 300-hour Hatha Yoga teacher training certificate, a 50-hour Power Yoga teacher training certificate, a 50-hour Vinyasa teacher training certificate, and I’ve completed number of workshops. I’m an eternal student of Yoga and its philosophy.
Yoga has also opened me the doors to Ayurveda, an ancient holistic practice. I have a Ayurvedic Consultant certificate and continue studying as well. I’m in the process of becoming an Ayurvedic masseur. Finally, I’m an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach from the renowned Integrative Nutrition Institute in New York. I also studied Mindfulness and Workplace Wellness.
Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
Certified Workplace Wellness Coach
Certified Yoga Teacher (Hatha, Vinyasa)
Certified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Therapist
Eating Psychology Coach
Certified Ayurveda Coach
Is a wellness coach, MYYO practitioner and pregnancy yoga expert.
Optimal health is not merely an absence of disease, it’s all the systems of the body functioning optimally.
I use various techniques and skills acquired through learning and experience to help my clients obtain maximum benefit.
Other then my honours degree in science my training includes Classical Hatha Yoga 200 and 500 level (Shakti Yoga Academy), Transformational yoga and Prenatal Yoga ( Yogamama), Inner Life Skills coaching and MYYO,. I’ve been doing yoga since I was 19 years old. I’m also registered with the Yoga Alliance International based in India.
I finished my Aerial Yoga training with Julie Fowler at Vertical Vixen in 2017.
It is evident that I enjoy acquiring new skills and expanding my knowledge and horisons. What is even more enjoyable, is to share my knowledge and experience with my students and clients in a fun and inspirational way.
– 500 level Hatha Teacher (Shakti Yoga Therapy Centre)
– Diploma in Yoga Therapy (Shakti Yoga Therapy Centre)
– 100 level Yin Yoga Teacher (Shakti Yoga Therapy Centre)
– 200 hour Pre and Post natal Yoga Teacher (Yoga Vidya Gurukul, India)
– 100 level Aerial Yoga Teacher (Aerial Yoga South Africa)
Is a Health Coach who uses a biofeedback device called “SCIO”. She assists client’s in reducing their stress and restoring balance by employing only natural products and methodologies. Her background information is listed below:
– ND Vet Tech (Technical University of Pretoria)
– Metaphysics (Academy of Metaphysics)
– Biofeedback (Quantum Wellness Technologies)
– Hypnotherapy (IMDHA)
– Ethnomedicine (Translife Centre)
– 18 years in the pharmaceutical industry
– Private wellness practice since 2008
– Guest lecturer on physiology and the chakras at QWT since 2009
– Guest lecturer on Vedanta since 2016